Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Starting my Graduate Dance Studies at Middlesex University London


This week I had the great privilege of becoming a graduate student of Middlesex University London, it is a professional MA in Dance Pedagogy and Technique.  It is the fulfilment of a great dream of mine to have been accepted into this programme, and I face the challenge with great enthusiasm.  On Sunday my classmates and myself received an induction to the programme.  What most piqued my intellectual curiosity and where I will begin my course exploration is diving into their library with the course reading list and beyond.  See, I am a dance teacher of the tiny beautiful country of Costa Rica without access to such a selection of dance books.  This library to me is the key to a dance world beyond the borders and limitations of geographic location...let the learning begin!



6 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Dreams give direction and meaning to our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see other Costa Ricans represent our little country. Pura vida!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marianella! I have also just started with module 1 and I too am looking forward to delving into some of the literature we have access too. It's exciting to think you are all the way in Costa Rica studying! What are your first thoughts on the learning handbooks? Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chrissie! Thank you for writing. My first thoughts on the learning handbooks was on the amazing fluidity of knowledge and learning. As I read through the handbooks, especially analysing possible topics for our Area of Learning essays, I am impressed by the large number of approaches we can angle our work from. The lovely aspect of this is that we will truly be able to personalize our analysis and work.

      Delete

Creativity and Choreographic Collaboration

I studied extensively to become a dancer.  I was a dance student for so long that I do not remember ever not being a dance student- I was a ...