Thursday, September 27, 2018

A Handbook of Reflective and Experimental Learning


Related image

As my studies with Middlesex University advance, I start an interesting and challenging academic and professional exercise.  One of our module activities is to reflect profoundly on my prior experience and professional practice so as to eventually produce a portfolio of essays.  Now, this is the challenge: I am not merely to narrate about my professional practice in the field of dance, but rather I must analyze the experience in relation of the area of learning from which I grew and developed as a professional. 
This will be an intense activity, I wonder as I rewrite my story from this academic view, what this story will look like to me at the end of the process?  How will this activity affect the way I reconstruct my memories and the details of so many years of my life?  One may only wonder at this initial stage. 
I begin slowly and shyly, reading first!  First book: A Handbook of Reflective and Experimental Learning by Doctor Jennifer A. Moon...as I start to navigate areas of learning and the analysis of experience and learning.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure it will a fascinating process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for writing, Nanna. I am sure it will be! I am very excited to start complementing learning theory with formal dance instruction.

      Delete

Creativity and Choreographic Collaboration

I studied extensively to become a dancer.  I was a dance student for so long that I do not remember ever not being a dance student- I was a ...